Farm Insurance Information
North Carolina farm owners face unique risks every day. Having the right farm insurance can help you properly manage these risks. Vic Fisher Insurance is here to help you navigate your risks and find the right insurance policies. Call us today to learn more about farm insurance or to get a quote.
What Is Farm Insurance?
Farm insurance is a combination of types of insurance that can keep your assets protected and your farm operational. The right policies can help cover your equipment, buildings and even lost income. The appropriate agricultural coverage is key to protecting your assets and keeping your farm operational.
What Types of Coverage Are Available?
Many farmers choose numerous types of insurance coverage, including:
- General liability insurance may give your farm the needed protection from any claims, including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and others that result from your operations.
- Workers’ compensation insurance is necessary if your farm employs workers. Workers’ compensation insurance helps provide coverage for medical expenses incurred by an employee who suffers a work-related injury or illness, as well as wage replacement benefits.
- Farm dwelling insurance—If you live on your farm, this policy might provide coverage for your home.
- Farm structures insurance—This coverage may cover structures on your farm, including barns, grain silos and other properties.
- Crop insurance can help reimburse you for your losses if a disaster strikes, such as a tornado, wildfire or flood destroys crops.
- Livestock insurance is multifaceted. You can purchase specific coverage, such as livestock transit or auction market coverage. You can also buy insurance for particular animals, such as poultry coverage or pasture and dairy cattle coverage. In addition, you can purchase mortality insurance for animals with an exceptionally high value to their farm, such as a stud.
- Farm equipment insurance helps reimburse farmers for certain losses and damages to their machinery.
- Equine insurance—Horses are often valuable for farm operations, and a single loss might be expensive; this coverage may insure your horses against death, injuries and other hazards.
- Farm auto insurance—If you use vehicles for your farm’s operations, you may need coverage to protect these items against damage or other losses.
- Farm umbrella insurance—An umbrella insurance policy might help protect against liability claims exceeding the limits set on your other liability policies.
How to Get Farm Insurance
Vic Fisher Insurance is here to help farm owners in and around Cary, North Carolina, including Morrisville, Apex, Durham, Raleigh and Holly Springs, get the farm insurance they need. Call us today to get started.